Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Decent Online News Article

[ QUOTE ]

Well it took about 5 days but all the Absolute regs are back.

GG Absolute, you got away with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so here's what's up:

1. Every p2p moderator and major online pro who has weighed in throughout these threads agrees with adanthar's conclusion.
2. We've gotten zero traction with the mainstream poker community and more visible pros.

There is a fundamental disconnect between 1 and 2 IMO. If 1 is the case, I don't see how 2 can be the end result except with a poor job of getting the message out there. I realize that bigger "names" in poker are a lot less likely to put themselves on the line and call out Absolute, but if the evidence is as strong as we know it is, we should be able to get more support on this from bigger pros who care about the general poker community. The fact that we have the (initially) less believable claim and the complicated nature of pokertracker statistics/bluffs that were called/fish got lucky/but he called against aces here/he lost a lot back making more crazy calls muddles things enough that to most of poker, it's going to come down to who is making the argument.

Maybe I overestimate the contacts the green names have. But has enough been done here? Maybe they don't want to be the first to say "Absolute Cheats", fine. How about something as soft as "The data collected shows extremely abnormal numbers, and those calling for an investigation are legitimate in wanting an impartial inquiry into these irregularities. I'm not sure what that inquiry will show, but I do know that this isn't a typical crackbrained poker is rigged theory. I hope this will be thoroughly looked into, for the integrity of the game and the good of poker as a whole"?

barryg1? Greg? [censored], shaniac? Is it crazy to think that there's a "name" pro out there who would want to help with this?