Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Re: My Generation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It has become easier to get by reasonably happily without being a social person at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you see this as a strictly bad thing, or are there some positives?

(I'm sorry for the short un-Lounge-like responses, but I'm trying to extract untainted information. I am one of these lazy anti-social kids, you see, and am trying to get across some discussion without injecting my own biases.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its pretty bad, because of online poker I spend more time on the computer than I do sleeping, I spend a lot of time on 2p2 as well. I can honestly say 4 years ago, well even 2 years ago I had a lot of friends and I would go out a lot. I was a lot more confident, and I learned a lot from other people.

Now I am mostly on the computer, and almost all of the people I talk to are now through AIM. I have also just recently moved to Michigan. I have a few friends but I find myself wanting to just sit around. I only leave when I need food/drugs (im a degen)and I will still go out every now and then because im back in the town where I grew up in. In all honesty though I have becomed detached to my computers. I was a much different person in the past.

Im happy, but I have sacrificed and lost out on a lot of fun times people my age should be having by sitting at a computer.