Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: AC question

[ QUOTE ]
Even informal organizations will often gravitate into authoritarian leadership simply due to the combined result of individual behavior of the people in them. Even trials in controlled settings will show you how people quickly form simple forms of rulership and informal laws - sometimes even quite formal ones. Actually, it will show you how some personalities actually seeks out authorative leadership.

[/ QUOTE ]

So creating some elaborate apparatus that concentrates power and "authority", custom made for these people to seek out and take control of, is somehow a good way of dealing with this problem?

[ QUOTE ]
I guess how will AC deal with the personality traits that leads to a desire for accumulation of power, desire for leadership, desire for rules, sociopathic behavior, organizational destrucive behavior (which can be anything from laziness to violence) or cultural clashes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a question?

I have a question for you. How will "evolution" "deal" with an asteroid colliding with the earth? Can you tell me what sort of creatures will emerge from the cataclysm? If you can't, do you feel that you're admitting a flaw in the theory of evolution?
[ QUOTE ]
If we are to use empirical evidence, the social-democratic monarchies of scandinavia who I guess must be on the near opposite end of AC shows an extremely low level of corruption, high degrees of efficiency, competitive economics and the highest living standards in the world and are based on equalitarian principles through-and-through, and all are near the top of the political transparency index. This seems to be some solid empirical evidence of what has (of yet) given the best solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, these results depend heavily on what you consider "corrupt" and "efficient".

Further, your anecdotal evidence is not "solid". For starters, where's your control group?