Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Moving to LA to play pro @ commerce? (long)

This poster has caught the clue train. If you don't like variance, you don't have any business at Commerce. The maniacs in these games will roll right over you. You must work on the bankroll/variance issues first.

As long as I'm posting, I'll add my tiny note of negativity. Los Angeles is expensive and ugly. I don't know when I've seen a less attractive large city. So I just don't see it. If you're stressed by variance, and then you're getting hit by the huge rental/mortage prices, I don't see why it would encourage the average person to do anything but eat the nearest gun.

The poker rate at Commerce just isn't that bad, especially if you can get a buddy to share with you, and you wouldn't need a car. Just play until you're sick of the live crap and then you can pick up and go and in the end it would cost you less than renting for a few months in my humble opinion. So I vote with the guy who says, just live at the Commerce.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Only reason I havent moved up is my relativly low bankroll and fear of variance.

[/ QUOTE ]
You really need to get these under control before you start playing full time for a living. The games in L.A. are great but are wild and you will experience a ton of variance. If you are beating the online games for that winrate, you will crush the mid limit games in L.A. I live in Vegas and can find a great 30/60 game at the Bellagio any day of the week. However, from my limited experience, the games at the commerce are much better. Good luck to you.

[/ QUOTE ]