Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

[ QUOTE ]
Just seems with the mammoth greed and the chip-dumping for cashout of small percentage of winnings - does not jive with inside job for me - outside hacker/disgruntled employee are far and away my favourites for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, let's say it's a newly unemployed disgruntled employee. I can certainly buy that one. My theory is simply that there's a pit boss account being used - it doesn't matter who's using it. Maybe nobody knew the guy had the password and didn't bother to change it after he got fired, or maybe they just never changed that password to begin with because they're Absolute [censored] Poker...it really doesn't make any difference.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why? What else would it need that we would notice?

[/ QUOTE ]
When a suspect player could be playing up to 6 tables - Why would a "pit-boss" be limited to observing 1/6 of the suspect's play?

And surely a super-user "pit-boss" account would track players by screenname, not by table name - thus the lag while changing / typing in table name would not occur?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't need to be purely a pit-boss type of thing, just a development tool that now has a second use. But that isn't the point. The reason it tracks one and only one table is that it's what you do when you have a realtime report of collusion - look at that one table. If you give it multitable functionality as well, the security monkey is just as likely to be surfing around looking at the 1K FT, and that's not what you pay him for; it's also a waste of developer time to program in.

I mean, I agree that this is sort of the weak point of the theory, but if you take the cheating and one-tabling as facts, it's the piece of the puzzle that immediately answers every single question we have, including "why isn't AP even admitting to *any* part of this counting the chip dumping?"

Answer: under no circumstances can they ever even hint that this exists, because it'll never stop being a vulnerability. BTW, now that I've just cracked it open for them, expect it to stay that way.