Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Live AK hand, flop decision. 3/5 NL

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kind of funny how 2p2 is advocating getting the money in with a draw when we are being offered no pot odds of any kind. Didn't know a one card flush draw and a gutshot was such an amazing holding. Granted, he usually doesn't have a flush here, so we're almost always drawing to 12 outs, and maybe more as far as pairing one of our holecards, but we're never in GREAT shape.

For those of you who think that people coming in behind us is great, what hands do you think are overcalling that are good for us? Would it be fair to say that just about all overcalls after you shove will be comprised of sets/flushes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ye i thgt the same, I mean even if i was HU in position i would mostlikly fold this, the pot ods are not correct.. but if u want meta game? i dunno... (im not sre what kinda meta game would apply..but id fold it)

Alternativly if u WANT the others to call, make a speech like, i got the A of spades i call.. so other ppl behind u mite overcall with pairs... or is this very shady? i dont play live much,,

[/ QUOTE ]

Generalizing 'one card flush draws and gutshot straight draws' is not good. This draw is not the run of the mill weak sauce draw.

-ALL draws are to the nuts...a plus.
-We will ALWAYS have live outs regardless of what anybody has...a plus.
-Having people to act behind allows are call to give THEM odds to draw which in turn gives us OUR odds...a plus.
-We will have as few as 7 outs always and as many as 18 outs TWICE giving us anywhere from 30% to 60% equity...a plus.
-The meta implications this may have with live monkeys could be only good...a plus.

Overall, if you fold it would be due to being adverse to variance. Understandable I guess. But with all the pluses going for you, this seems like a good spot as any to mix it up with the monkeys without being a nut peddler.