Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Under you assumption this could all be coincidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Yes, I think that possibility has been overlooked and the current estimates this possibility are not very good.

High stakes poker hands are probably among the most analyzed data i the world because all high stakes players likes to analyze their game. They look for (among other things) suspicious behavior, big losers and big winners and they try to find an edge in the game. This means that all the data generated at high stakes poker tables over the years compile a huge dataset with an extreme variance due to the nature of poker. If you take a huge dataset you will always find extreme outliers if you look for them. Always. To be honest, I would be more surprised if this would never happen by chance. And when it happens, I can guarantee that a High Stakes poker pro will find it and post it to the boards. ANd I think that might just have happened. But I don't know, all I know is that the evidence so far is not convincing enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

really, that possibilty was not overlooked. That possibility is what most people in this thread assumed by default until they let the facts convince them otherwise