Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2007, 03:43 PM

Default How do you play against Novice and Donk players?

Okay, I'm not new to the game of poker, but I've decided to try to improve this one area of my game here.

I'm posting here, because well, my questions might be kind of dumb, but I need the information in order to improve my game, and elsewhere on two plus two, I think I'd get flamed for asking them.

So, here goes. I consider myself an intermediate player in many ways, and I'm fine playing against fellow intermediate or even advanced players. However, I have real problems playing against novice or Donk players.

I have a real problem figuring out when they've sucked out on me, with their 7/2 o/s, or to be quite honest, how to play against them in general.

Case in point is that I live in Colorado right now, and it's the land of No Fold 'em Hold 'em.

The play here is horrible, any two cards to the flop, and manytimes they will hang in there with their belly buster straight draw and get it.

Hence the other names for poker here, are Bingo Poker and Lotto Poker.

Another example is when I'm playing against a novice player, bet or raise them to try to figure out where I am in the hand, and they just flat call instead of re-raising me. Not because they are trying to lay a trap, but simply because they don't know any better.

Can anyone recommend anything that might help me pick up on tells or something that will help me in these types of situations?

FYI, I consider a DONK player BTW, someone who knows better, but plays stupidly anyway.