Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: I Lost Track of This Post....But Here I Go

[ QUOTE ]
arguments about the war are pointless and have been for a while. people are ironclad in their opinions and are unwilling to change.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, I supported the war before it happened and now obviously am against it. Based on the fact that it had mass support pre-war and now is at what, 18% or something, I'm guessing people actually do change their opinion on things.
[ QUOTE ]
what you are saying may apply to moderate muslims if there are any out there.

[/ QUOTE ]
the above statement is embarrassingly naive.
[ QUOTE ]
as for the fanatics, let alone AQ, (i read today, in fact, about the AQ gang rape squads that are raping and slaughtering random iraqi women, all in the name of allah. i can look for the link if anyone is curious) there is no reason to understand them.

[/ QUOTE ]
AQ is currently waging fatwah against America which started because we put thousands of soldiers in their land (indisputable). Do you think us going around causing collaterol damage or whatever you want to call it and destablizing a 25 million person nation to the point where over a million people have died from a four year occupation is going to promote support for AQ, weaken it, or lower it?

There are millions of muslims out there that aren't fundamental wackjobs and hate the US for it's actions in the middle east.