Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: new music I like

Ok, here is more:

Okkervil River - The Stage Names

I only started listing to this band a few months ago when I discovered their last CD, Black Sheep Boy, which was released in 2005. After listening to it a bunch and deciding I liked them, I realized that their next CD was coming out within a couple weeks. I would classify this music as indie/folk rock.

Stream the whole album from their myspace page:
Myspace - Okkervil River

Check out "Our Live Is Not A Movie Or Maybe" and "John Allyn Smith Sails" to get a good idea of what they are about. Maybe I like that second song more because I first learned about Smith my freshman year (at the University of Minnesota) when someone mention the crazy poet who jumped off the bridge I would walk over twice a day.

The National - Boxer

For those follow new music (specifically indie rock) you've definitely heard of this and most likely have it. If you haven't, check it out. Their lead singer, Matt Berninger, has a wonderful baritone and their music suits it perfectly.

Again, you can stream some of their music on their myspace page: MySpace - The National
Start with the first song off of this album, "New Empire."

They are playing at the Fine Line in Minneapolis tonight and I really really wanted to go but I thought I started flag football tonight, it is obv. canceled (thuderstorm + tornado watch!) and the show is hella sold out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]