Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: astroglide\'s home theater: what i own, what i would buy today

I hated avsforum at first, but then I spent several hours reading through a few threads. It's not too bad. And, once you start to know you way around the site and have a pretty good idea what you're interested, it's quite easy to keep up on the latest happenings. I check in there once or twice a week to keep up on a few things.

I haven't purchased my TV yet, but I've narrowed it down to these: Samsung 5064, Panasonic 50px75u, or Samsung 5084. The 5064 and Panasonic are both 720p and the 5084 is 1080p. The picture quality on 5064 is better than on Pany's 75u. However, the Samnsung is known to have issues with judder. I have witnessed this first hand in a store on a large panning shot. I could see it getting annoying, especially watching football. I am going to hold out a little longer while Samsung claims to be working on a firmware upgrade to fix the judder. As far as I know, there are no issues with the 5084, but I just don't really think I need 1080p and don't want to pay the extra $600-700 for this set. That being said, it is a very reasonable price for a 1080p 50' plasma with very good picture quality. I didn't mentioned Pioneer here. I'd love to buy one, but they are just too expensive.