Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2007, 07:17 AM

Default And I thought I was weak-tight *before* this hand...

Commerce 20. So this idiot donkey who play way too aggro preflop and way too passive post-flop (basically the perfect opponent) opens in MP; a horrific lady in the hijack who plays far too weakly preflop and absolutely terribly loose post-flop (not to mention she's on tilt from not winning a pot in an hour) cold-calls; I'm on the button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and goddammit I don't feel like folding and 3-betting might get me some fold equity later on but one of the blinds is loose and calls down with any pair so I figure why not just cold-call and try to win a nice large multiway pot with a suited connector. I cold-call.

Both blinds end up folding. 3 to the flop. Flop comes 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP bets, HJ calls, I raise, both call.

Turn is the crap-tastic 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checked around.
River is the T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP hesitates and checks, hijack checks, and I.... check because I can't see what worse hands will call and what better hands will fold.