Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2006, 12:33 PM

Default Checking the flop with ATo

Sorry Bison's converter site seems to be down. This should suffice, though.

UltimateBet $.01/$.02 Hold'em

OrigamiSensei is on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Pre-flop: (9 players)
Six limpers in front of me, I limp in on the button, two checks (SB and BB are both a full small bet)

Comments: Ordinarily this hand is a raise but I have six limping in front of me and a small blind with a propensity to raise. Lots of people in there who won't raise AJ and AQ but have been known to throw the limp re-raise every so often. I'm trying to keep this one from getting out of hand. Passive? Maybe, but this isn't a hand I care to push unless I hit the flop hard. I would have called one raise coming back to me, folded to a 3-bet or cap.

Flop (board: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]): (9 players)
All check.

Comments: It has been checked around to me in the button. I have second pair but I smell a check raise coming if I bet. The odds I'm behind here are are really high. NOTE: Did the math just now, odds someone has a queen are 1 - (44/47^16) or 65.2%

Isn't it best to simply take the next card and reassess if I improve, get out if I don't and I get bet into?