Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Official review thread, LearnedfromTV

[ QUOTE ]
For the most part, you played too tight for my liking, but fine, that's your style. Here are the hands I really had problems with:

177: Shove all day. You are so far ahead of his range.
would agree completely if he had opened for 3x or less. i probably still shove but think it's closer than you think
234: Call all-in. yea folding here is a crime.
272: Let's see. 13 + .5 + .4 + .8 +2.2 = 16.9k in the pot, 12.6k to call. Haven't been watching his play, but I wouldn't fold unless he's a super super nit. Against lots of players, you are actually ahead of their range here. It's pretty hard to be far behind their range with only 15x BB. I would call. agreed in 6 max no way u can fold this
278: Flipping your hand face up and then annoucning all-in would be a better play than folding. I'd shove despite having over 10x BB. ya i dont understand folding here. why not make a standard open? also what zj is saying about shoving is valid, but i think a standard open would be best.
283: Reshove. agreed
293: Another hand where you could profitably flip your hand face up and then move all-in. Folding in these spots is criminal.yea. whyyyyy do u wanna fold here. shove all day
314: Way too weak. You could reraise preflop. YOu could lead the flop. You could check call. Check raise. All better than the way you played it IMO. agree the hand was played too weak. personally i would rr preflop planning to call a shove
415: Another profitable face up shove spot. I would raise and call a reraise all-in. ya folding sucks here. i don't like raise/call either (obviously i'm not advocating raise/folding though). shoving is def superior imo. you can shove a pretty wide range here profitably.

Edit: Other than this, you missed a bunch of steal spots I would take, and one or two resteal spots, but like I said above, those are style issues.

[/ QUOTE ]