Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

Frosteater ... playing poker for an income and not having a job is a very painfull ordeal once you go down that road.

It took me a year to get hang of it and especially the downswings of march and november 2006 where brutal ... the first especially was amazing ... I blew my entire roll down to a mere 300$ with no back up in my bankaccount as all it contained was the 1500$ or so to pay my forthcoming rent and fixed expences.

Luckily 300$ was plenty to rebuild from the pre-Frist party 11$ sngs and I survived and quickly got on my feet again.

December was brutal too but in no way lifethreatening in the same maner, but it was the worst week of my sng career followed by three weeks of breaking even in the end tilting me so I couldn't play sngs anymore and forcing me back into cash. Still by this time around I knew that I could always grind out 20$/hr at the 11s or 25NL if need be, and that is what I did for a while ... just rebuild at 25NL, put a bit aside and then start moving up again.

I still can't stand sngs, but due to real life forcing me to cash out more than I liked to, I have completed the 25NL to 100NL trip a couple of times since ... which in turn makes me more confident and more pro like. Starting with 500$ and playing 25NL it takes me two weeks to hit a 2000$ roll (logging at LEAST 2K hands daily that is, which I rarely do when I have a nice roll)... unless the sky really falls and variance decided to rape me anally over and over again .. then it takes three weeks.

Ama is where I was once too ... but it will take him a few weeks or a month to lick his wounds and then get back into it .. and I'm guess that in six months to a year, he will no longer sing this song.

On a different note, I like having a job ... tho it really has cut a lot into my playing time (but once I get used to it and getting up early I think I'll get much more hours or so I hope). But I'd always prefer to only play poker and not have a job if I was forced to work in a Callcenter again.

Ama .... If I was your Doctor I'd prescribe a few weeks playing something non NL Hold'em .... pick up the new Borer & Lawrence shorthanded limit book or something like that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]