Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2007, 08:19 PM

Default LISTEN (Relating to Absolute Cheating Threads)

With all the panic over the steamroller/greycat/doubledragon alleged cheating scandal I wanted to give this statement its own thread.

I've already answered this a few times in various threads, yet links to the ITH article continue popping up in every thread I read. Because of that I'm creating this thread, please link to it every time you see someone post about the ITH artice.

Ok, for the record at this point I am still unsure if I was cheated in the early AM heads up match with Mark well over a year ago. The facts in the article are however true. Mark played with amazing accuracy according to my holdings every single hand after he sat out and came back. The strangest hand that I remember was the following. I had the button with K9h. Preflop he raised, I 3bet with my K9h, and he capped. The flop was K99 and he just open folded. To this day I can't think of a single hand he could have, nor a reason why he would do that.

At this point if I was cheated or not is really irrelevant. Perhaps I was just angry at losing such a large sum which at the time was more than just a micro percentage of my bankroll. I've always thought it was a terrible prop for Mark to play those big games anyway. Afterall if he wins tons then it's rigged for him, if he loses then he loses his money and has to deal with all the trash talking that goes along with it. I don't play much live poker other than some wsop events so I haven't had a chance to really meet Mark, but I would actually like to meet him at some point and apologize to him at least for blatantly accusing him of cheating without a lot more concrete proof other than a few dozen hands played with him. At this point I'm chalking it up to me making a poor overall decision even though it might have been good table selection by playing him. Afterall he may not be a popular person in the poker world but he still is a professional player and should be given some respect for that.

As I said before and I'll say again in this thread... Absolute Poker and UltimateBet have earned my complete trust despite the Seif situation. I have played at these rooms almost every single day for the last two years and have had very good success at both sites. I have NO doubt in my mind that the current issue at hand has "Absolutely" ZERO to do with the management of AP. While it might be true that these new accounts have somehow hacked into the AP system through the brand new and probably relatively untested software version, I don't believe this has anything to do with AP Management and is also completely unrelated to my hu with Seif. I will still continue to play everyday at AP and UB.

Yay my first 2p2 thread, only took me 8 years of playing online poker to accomplish that.

Mike
stuckinpgh