Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Borgata $20/$40, Two Staking Opportunities

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you do choice number one when seated at the same table, that honestly sounds like collusion to me. Even if you didn't deliberately cheat, you are not going to care whether he or you wins a pot, and will prefer he wins to another player and may play accordingly, even if not intentionally. Even choice two would be a little sketchy if seated together at the same table.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty disappointing that no one picked up on this.

The viability of the games depends on their integrity. We lose that, the recreational players will go away (I know I will) and without us tourists, all you pros will have to beat up on each other. My advice: earn some money and stake yourself, get staked legitimately, or get a second job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I have never encountered collusion in any of the games at the Borgata. However, I detected this overt behavior in some games at the Taj. There is a loansharking ring that operates directly at the tables amongst the players. It makes for a seedy atmosphere and doubts about the integrity amongst the players.

I also caught spectators behind the glass wall in the corridor flashing signals to players sitting across the table to those players with their backs to the glass; they were peeking at hole cards of players with their backs to the glass.

I reported this to the floor. The took action that day, however, I still see people standing along the glass wall, so beware.