Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Potential Multiaccounting in the 530$ WCOOP

[ QUOTE ]
I think things are getting out of hand when we start prosecuting players for being good and unknown.

A history limited to 4$ SnGs seems like strong argument against these accounts belonging to the type of people who want to spend 1000$ in weekly Sunday Mil buyins alone. Although I agree that it might be a case of bought accounts - keep in mind that the account would have been bought well into the tournaments - so were no longer comparing the play of these players to the standard of a "4$ sng player", we should be using the standard of a "4$ sng player who won/bought his way into a 530$ tournament and beat out like 95% of the field".

Unless the suggestion is that the accounts were bought prior to the beginning of the tournament for multiaccounting purposes which I suppose is possible, but why wouldn't a multiaccounter just create his own accounts?

I'm not saying don't pass on your thoughts to Stars and discuss and investigate them here, but keep in mind that unknown players coming into huge mtts and winning is common (certainly more common than multiaccounting not matter how widespread the prob is) and we don't have any real evidence to go on.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point, I mean my bankroll is only a few thousand dollars, because I play those levels of tournaments/cash is where I feel my game is and where I feel comfortable playing (I just play for fun, and the occasional completely unnecessary electronics purchase when I run good.) However, I have done fairly well for myself outside of poker, and a few thousand dollars doesn't mean much to me. So, 2 years ago I won a seat in the WCOOP ME and decided to play it, even though my biggest tourney before that was probably a $20 FO. I'm not a particularly good player, but compared to many million FTs I've seen I'm like a seasoned pro. I agree that multi-accounting is a concern, but not everyone with < 100k in winnings is multi-accounting.

edit: oh yeah and I agree with imsakidd, I think (3) on that list is against the rules.