[ QUOTE ]
just to pile on...both L'ville and UK's coaches should be fired

LV doesn't kick the FG on 4th and goal from the 6 down 33-28
add in the numerous blown coverage calls this year

UK doesn't go for 2 up 5 with 30 seconds left

I'm sick of just pure idiocy out there

[/ QUOTE ]

To address this:

Rich Brooks said in his postgame quotes that he tried to call timeout to set-up the two-pointer (a clearly obvious decision), but there was a ton of confusion amid the celebration...after all, they did just score in a 57-yard TD with under 30 seconds remaining to take the lead in the program's biggest game in a long, long time. The kicking unit just kinda went out there and kicked it on its own.

It was a terrible, inexcusable mistake that costs you the game there a small percentage of the time, but it is somewhat more understandable in that light IMO.

As for Louisville not kicking the FG...close call. From the 6 I prolly kick, but from the 2 or 3 I'm going for sure. I have a bigger problem with the play-call (middle TE screen on 4th and goal from the 6?????) than the actual decision to go...Louisville's defense was inept, and a Kentucky TD on the ensuing drive (if Louisville takes the 3) makes it a 2-possession game and seals the deal. If UL goes and doesn't get it, UK has to start near their own goal line anyway and you probably get the ball back.

And...nice coverage by U of L on that game-winning TD. My goodness...nobody even near Steve Johnson.

Also warrants mentioning that UK had a tremendously overmatched walk-on cornerback matching up with Mario Urrutia for most of the second half, but still only allowed 1 offensive TD in the half. Gutty performance by the UK defense.