Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: traz
Exactly what I expected 0 0%
Pretty much what I expected 2 8.70%
Kinda what I expected 2 8.70%
Not really what I expected 11 47.83%
Definitely not what I expected 8 34.78%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2007, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Beat: Absolute is *actually* rigged (serious) (read me)

I really doubt this thread is going to have any effect on AP or online poker in general, 99%+ of ppl who play online will never hear of this issue. Just look at the thread linked from the ITH forums. That whole issue was raised in 2006 and almost no-one hear had ever heard of it.

I 100% agree that there is something shady going on but you all have to realise that nothing will come from this. AP will flat out deny it and maybe most of 2+2 will boycott AP. Then the games get super soft and ppl drift back. This issue will never filter down into the mainstream media, I doubt highly doubt it reaches the mainstream poker media ie cardplayer, pokernews etc. The most press this issue will ever get is on something like the rounders podcast etc. I'm not defending AP in anyway, I agree that this looks very bad and sets a dangerous precedent. But I dont think anyone believes that this is a widespread problem across multiple major sites. But its disturbing for alot of us to hear that something like this is even possible.

All the posts claiming if this is true "then someone needs to go to jail", comon grow up. Look how difficult it is for the US justice dept to prosecute a US citizen for e-crime/fraud, let alone a buisness based overseas.

What ever happend to ppl's money from pokerspot? Yeah that got alot of attention in mainstream press and ppl went to jail there. NOT.

The whole multiaccounting and zeejustin affair got alot of press on these boards. Ppl where predicting the end of online poker, did it happen? Of course not.

What about the UIEGA, almost everyone was convinced that online poker would dissapear overnight, has it? Again no.

It just seems that everytime there is a controversy or scandal in online poker, posters on this board think the sky is falling.

I'm not saying its a good thing or that its justified but imo nothing is going to come of this. In two weeks everyone will have forgotten about it and moved onto the next thing.