Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Are there \'Zoo\' games online?

Inspired to get a feel for a real loose game, with very frequent highly multi-way pots, I moved to 2c/4c table with a high flop rate to see.

To my surprise, the table actually got quite tight, with only 2-4 players seeing most flops, and if the players had a fault, it was being a touch weak-tight and over valueing the 1 way Nuts without scoop potential (particularly A2xx where a split likely).

It was hard to get hands paid well, though I did OK, thanks to scooping when opponent probably didn't have much and decided to fold on turn having paid many bets to see it.

Now I really wonder, why 2c/4c wasn't like a play money table.

All I think of is pride. Those players, were wanting to learn the game and play well.

Noone who is out to gamble is going to bother with 2c/4c, I left having the impression it was a tougher table than 25c/50c say on same site, with plenty of lunatics being around on the $1/2 table at the right times. I'm rather glad, I started building my roll a couple of years ago!

So is there any No Fold'em FLO8 games around, or is PLO8 the place for the AFCW (Any 4 cards can win) brigade?