Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: 300nl - Trying to induce a river bluff...

I don't know why no one has suggested betting 1/3 of the pot and calling a shove. It looks more like a blocking bet that is intending to fold to a shove (that got scared on the river when the straight draw came in). Thinking Villain's will be more willing to bluff the blocking bet.

It also might get a call out of a hand like 65,54,75,78,68 which are all possible hands from Villain which will be willing to call a small bet on the river but not a big one.

As for the range of the Villain. Meh. His bet size sure looks like straight or air, so our hand strength is more or less meaningless, since we might as well have a small pair in this situation. From Villain's stats I don't think he's smart enough to be betting a Q like this, trying to induce a strange calling range from the Hero. Or to be turning a hand like, 56 into a bluff. I'd take villain's action to look like what it is...air or straight. There are alot more ways to make missed flush draws then there are to make made straights. The only question becomes would he play combo draws like AcXc or KcQc or Tc9c so passively? Nonetheless, it's hard not to imagine a range of hands where we're not good here 50% of the time.