Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2007, 04:15 AM

Default Re: Should Vice Principal Lose Her Job? - (*Warning-Gruesome topic\")

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The reason it wouldn't deter future incidents is that the deterrent reason is only useful for reckless or intentional conduct. You can't deter accidental conduct preceisely because it was accidental.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't an accident though. She has been warned on several occasions not to leave her child in the car. And I don't believe for a second she didn't see the kid while she was backing up or while she was taking donuts out of the trunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me either. This stretches credulity beyond the breaking point. I think the only people talking about forgiving her for making a simple error are people afraid of their own stupidity and making a very dumb leap of empathy. That fear is unwarranted, too. No matter how unconfident you are that you will not do the wrong or the stupid or shameful thing sometime, that is all very, very, very far from killing your kid through this kind of negligence. NOBODY is that big of a [censored] up by accident.