Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Congratulations WPEX on dumbest improvement ever

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just sampled September 6th to the 13th. About 64% of the hands were with full hand histories, 36% with no hand histories.

No word on Epassporte yet.

Traffic is definitely coming up this past week, particularly in the evenings.

Fred

[/ QUOTE ]

Fred,

You rock!

Is it possible to know the average number of players per hand for each? The reason I ask has to do with the actual player demand in the case where the average number of players per hand is dramatically different - e.g. all of the HH tables were 2 or 3 players but all of the HH'less tables were 9 or 10 players (or vice versa).

If the averages are the same then your figures suggest that 2 in 3 players on WPX prefer HH tables and 1 in 3 prefer HH'less tables.

RIIT

[/ QUOTE ]

RIIT, Here's the thing about interpreting that data.... It shows the current composition of players. I'm not so sure that's actually what you want. If you want to grow a poker room, you generally tend to look at a target demographic.

WPEX already HAS the 'anti-HUD' clientelle there in full force. For them, this is the room they have hoped for.. if there are really a large number of these players, there'd be a lot more tables going.

What they don't have now, are the large amounts of regular players who would like to play at a site with more traffic, easier deposits, and HH's to keep records of their play. These players have other, better options and are playing on other sites right now.

But first things first...Epassporte or other similar deposit method please. Yes, I know if I really, really wanted to play WPEX, I could make use of one of the other, less convenient methods. There's really not a lot of motivation for me to do that right now, with the way things are currently. However, open up an easy way to deposit, and you will be attracting many more of the players that I would like to play against. Then I will follow suit.

And this whole HH, non-HH thing is really ridiculous. It is my opinion that it is hurting more than helping...I would much rather you go all to one of the other - because 80% of players are just going to play where there is a game, regardless of it being a HH table or non HH table.