Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Bank of America email - Phishing scam?

I altered the actual link they wanted me to click on for obvious reasons.

So I'm checking my email and find this one. Obv it's most likely a scam since I'm not american and I'm not a Bank of America customer. Anyone else received this same email and know something about where it comes from? Last few days I've been emailing alot with ecash-direct which are the ones handling the cashier part of Interpoker. I'm also thinking that it might have something to do with the pokertracker-site being hacked and that could have gotten my email that way.

From info@joinus.com & *** Important Notice From Bank Of America *** in the headline.

We recently have determined that different computers have logged onto your Online Banking account, and multiple password failures were present before the logons. We now need you to re-confirm your account information to us.

If this is not completed by September 15, 2007, we will be forced to suspend your account indefinitely, as it may have been used for fraudulent purposes. We thank you for your cooperation in this manner.

To confirm your Online Banking records click on the following link:
http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx/bankofamerica/verify.html

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Bank of America Customer Service

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

2007 Bank of America Corporation. All rights reserved.