Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Because of the legislation, have you switched sites? If so where?
Absolute 2 4.88%
Bodog 1 2.44%
Full Tilt 15 36.59%
PokerRoom (Ongame) 1 2.44%
Poker Stars 5 12.20%
Ultimate Bet 3 7.32%
World Poker Exchange (WPX) 1 2.44%
Other 2 4.88%
Haven't left or don't need to leave 11 26.83%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s NFC Rankings (Week 1)

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean? From what I've seen of Dallas last year and this week, Barber is clearly the better back. Do you think people just go overboard by saying Barber>>>>>>Jones when it's really only Barber>Jones?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fink,

Yea, actually it really is only Barber>Jones and trust me I watch plenty more Dallas games than you do unless you watch every one of them. Athletics is measured by statistics sure, and in their case the numbers aren't even as overwhelming as the difference between them are made out to be. There is also more than just numbers.

There is more to this than just 14 td's to 4 and 4.9 ypc to 4.1 which the latter isn't that bad at all considering their roles. Parcells really did put Jones in a situation to fail--maybe not the right words but he was on the field in less juicy situations than Barber, Barber thrived on timing. Kind of like last Sunday night w/ the 4th and 2, everyone bunches up in the middle and Barber gets a play to bounce out to the outside and gets an 18 yard run for a TD--it was a great/electric run and very impressive and he did some great stuff when he got outside but he still had that room to run...other than that Sunday he was average at best. Julius sits back grinding it out like he always does and again averages 4.1 a carry in plenty of non-favorable situations.

Julius Jones for the record has two of the 4 highest rushing games in Cowboy history, this is impressive considering the team and the previous rb's such as Emmitt, Dorsett and H. Walker. I think Barber is really good but if I wasn't such a Dallas fan I almost wish he would go to a single back team, get 30 carries a game so that it isn't a guess anymore b/c lets face it nobody has seen him in any position to fail yet...which is fine for me being a fan b/c they have a nice little dual back system working.

Why did you pick Green Bay's schedule? It still doesn't change my point that NONE of the teams on the schedule are going to be known as good or bad till the end.