Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2007, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Who is the best Omaha 8 player in the world?

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiousity, do you know for a fact that he is no longer a winning player. I rarely see him playing, and I do agree to some degree that he benefitted from weak players at the higher limits, but even at full-ring he was better than a lot of "winning" players I see regularly. And I have no doubt that he could win at SH PL08 against practically anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you look at the breakdown of results he posted in his blog, almost all the money he made came from PL $2000 and PL $1000 (the unbracketed ones are Party), which by his and others' comments were some of the easiest games on Party. His foray into other games and sites didn't end profitably, with the exception of an $83K super heater for 172 hands at $1000/$2000 limit which doesn't mean anything at all.

He enjoyed the Party fish, and that's all. No notable cash at the WSOP. No tournament winnings. It's a big stretch to call him the best Omaha/8 player.

He may well be playing now and doing well, I have no idea.

-------

Buzz,

I am sure mute is more than capable of making a gimmick account (or has one already) and the mods would look the other way if he did post.

BTW, don't get me wrong. He's quite skilled and great entertainment and if I ever met the guy I'd definitely buy him a beer <font color="white">and pop a laxative in it</font>