Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Brag: Slingbox

Who here has heard of it? I never had until I received one as a birthday gift. This thing acts as a receiver from your cable box, it connects the audio/video from the digital cable box to the slingbox and then connects from the slingbox to my router at my apartment.

I then directly access my cable box (HD, DVR, everything) through the internet (using the App provided by slingbox and some configuration tweaks due to my dynamic IP) and can get access from my blackberry curve, my laptop, anywhere I have a connection to the internet. Essentially, right now at work I "could" log on, control my remote just as I would if I was sitting in my room at home and hit up my DVR to watch the WSOP from last night.

The box is controlled by these sticky things that go on top and underneath of the box and send a signal to the clock area (where a typical remote would send its signal). I am essentially controlling my TV over the internet.

At work, in a hotel room while travelling, anywhere. All you need is a connection. Pretty sick IMO, at first I was like, what am I going to do with this? But it is actually quite impressive.