Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Home game hand, tough spot

Fellow 2+2er hosts weekly london home game. Usually holdem but a sprinkling of dealers choice. This is standard 4-card PLO.

Villain is probably a winning player, but only because of good game selection. He's clearly very clever, but I don't think he's bothered reading poker books or anything. My general read on him is that he's quite loose for small bets and raises but when the big money comes out he's rarely bluffing or even semi-bluffing, though I would expect him to play a big multiway nut draw the same way he'd play top set.

I'm in the SB with AAT5, one suit. He limps in EP, along with a couple of others. I complete to £2. My stack is about £220, he covers.

Flop is 855. I come out betting for the pot (£10). He raises pot, to £40. He does this with any 5, and sometimes a wrap. I guess he could occasionally turn up with KK here, in fact, but very rarely.

What's my play? I'm OOP and stack sizes are awkward. I'm ahead (crushing) here too often to fold, I'm only really happy to get stacks in on the turn if an ace or 5 comes, and there's the further consideration that I'm on my only bullet for the night.