Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2007, 06:02 AM

Default Efficient first steps for a long journey

This is my first post ever, but I can already tell i'll be spending a lot of time here. Like many others, I've decided to start dating poker full time. I've always had a good theoretical/emotional approach to hold'em, but when i started reading postings I realized how much i am lacking in the technical approach. I have had a few stints on and off with online poker over the years, and although i get better everytime i come back, the field has a noticeable edge. I now see how important posting is, and i want to have a successful start, so riddle me these....

1. how many poker sites should i join(U.S.)? right now, i'm just on full tilt because it is shiny and pretty.

2. I know pokertracker is a must, and i don't have it yet. Should i get the other stuff that enhances it? like the hub stuff?

3. I know a large number of sample hands is required, but how many should i have before posting questions about my stats?

4. While getting hands into pokertracker to prepare for my first review, should I multi table? or just play one table while intently focusing on all of the seemingly insignificant tendencies that may pan out into exploitable weaknesses.

5. What about cardrunner? is it useful?

6. Anything else that i might be forgetting? like some program that everyone has that i might not have heard of.

That should be sufficient to keep me busy for a while. thanks for reading superlong post.