Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2007, 04:00 AM

Default Somthing wrong with my game?

Ok, im having some trouble with my game for the past few days im looking for a bit of advice. Ive noticed that when I run good, i feel like im playing well, then when I run bad, I feel like im playing like a total donk.

At the moment im in a situation where Im not sure if im playing my hands right, I think im over valuing some hands like Pairs OOP, or AK/AQ OOP. When i get these hands, I tend to raise from any position (?correct?), if im in position I usually 3bet, depending on stack sizes or opponent,

I tend to 3bet in position against tighter oponents with premium hands TT> AJo>, I think this is wrong, should I be 3betting those where its likely my range beats theirs? My worry is that they will call with any 2, so building pots with overs/mid pairs is only going to lead to disaster when they are constantly floating me postflop. (I then goto check turn, they see weakness and push me off my AK or underpair to the board).

Another situation is when I am faced with 3bet, I find myself sitting with AKs UTG+1, I raise to standard 4xbb. Then i get re raised, at this point if im against a medium stack id like to fold, because there is less value. If im quite deep, i like a call. Does anyone 4bet or shove here if they have a wide range? Obviously then the flop comes rags, i check and have to fold. I cant make a raise here its costing me much more than needed just to find out if they have an overpair, or if they have overcards.

Overall, im finding that im losing lots of money through raising and then betting the flop, sometimes I do this multiway but not so often, it depends on the flop texture. But last night, i never lost a major pot but I dropped about 1 buyin just through raising and cbetting, sometimes barreling the turn. I found donks where just calling my raises and donking pot on dry boards, or min raising my cbets. What am I supposed to do in these situations???

Looking for some sound advice.

Ash.
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]