Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/10)

[ QUOTE ]
add in the fact that it is added in post-production and it is unbearable. akin to john madden recording in post and going "you know, the defense is probably going to blitz here, so brady should be on the lookout and go deep... but he better be wary of the jets fast cornerbacks....", blitz comes, brady is picked off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd imagine they are doing the post-production voiceovers for all the episodes within a week or so. I'd be amazed if they were told ahead of time what is going to happen. I would think initial reactions from Gabe/AJ would make for better TV.

With that said, there are a few things to indicate that they are told which spots to talk in and which spots to let the table talk go. Obviously Gabe/AJ talk over the table talk at times, but not always. I guess Gabe/AJ go through the episodes once, do their thing, and then the table talk and voice overs are edited together so everything flows well with the show.

It would be interesting to see how exactly things are done. I don't work in the business, so these are just guesses. I'm sure someone else could explain things.