Default Re: SamG\'s Log

9/11 - Workout A

Squat

2x5x45
1x5x65
1x3x95
1x2x105

3x5x120 (PR)

These were tough, and I'm not sure about my form on some. I stayed balanced during warm-ups, but I started to drift forward on some of my work sets. I am squatting deep, though, a little deeper than before. Trying to decide if I should up the weight next workout or stay at 120 and improve my form.

I thought about trying box squats, but I didn't see anything in the gym to use as a box. There are some benches, but they look a little high. I might get there a few minutes before Wei Yan next workout and scout around for something.

Bench

1x5x45
1x5x65
1x5x85
1x3x105

3x5x122.5 (PR)

Since I've been struggling with the bench press for a while, I thought I'd start increasing the weight by only 2.5 lb increments. I wish I had tried 125 though because 122.5 didn't feel too heavy.

Deadlift

1x5x45 (RDL)
1x5x95 (RDL)
1x3x145
1x2x155

1x5x180 (PR)

I thought a blood vessel was going to pop in my forehead while doing these. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, and the strain on my face was almost comical.

I skipped pull-ups today. I was just too gassed. I might just focus on the core exercises on A days for a while. Squats and deadlifts are so taxing, particularly now that I'm starting to lift heavier.

I did do some GTG chins earlier today.

Cardio: 35m elliptical (moderate intensity)

PRs everywhere for me. Feels good.