Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2007, 07:58 PM

Default JJ on flush draw flop

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
10 players
Converter

Table is 45/10/$5 Villian is MP1 with 24/7/5/7/174 hands

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
3 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, 2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

I make what I see as standard re-raise. MP2 seems to play a lot but I had no PAHud #s.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (16.4SB, 5 players)
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

I see the heart flush draw and the A but my plan was to bet, if raised I would call and see what the turn brought.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10.7BB, 5 players)
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

No aggression on flop so I bet out. Was that stupid with 3 hearts?

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (14.7BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button folds.

I figure I am beat but the pot is huge and I call. I didn't see the point of raising because I figure only a worse hand will fold.

Results:
Final pot: 17.7BB

This table started good for me but it got very loose and aggressive in general and the money went down the drain. The other two tables I played ( only played 2 tables at a time ) were more straight ahead and I did better. Any advice on playing these types of tables?