Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: xorbie
Exactly what I expected 5 20.00%
Pretty much what I expected 2 8.00%
Kinda what I expected 5 20.00%
Not really what I expected 6 24.00%
Definitely not what I expected 7 28.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: 2008 Presidential Primaries

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thompson is an open question. I sure hope we can find out where he stands soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you ask Mr. Pappas to ask Sen. D'Amato to ask Sen. Thompson and relay the findings?

[/ QUOTE ] I'd love for Fred to come out 100% live or die for poker, but if you were in his position facing the primary fight he will would you?

If we had shown the muscle by now that we could counter act in some part the organized groups against us in some meaningful way by now this might be worth doing. IMO, we haven't shown that with any confidence to a nominee worth having.

I've been a Rebublican all my life. I have serious concerns about the parties near term future in the up comming cycle. Other than Hillary, who I wouldn't vote for if she made on-line poker her signature issue and helped pass a constituational ammendment making poker the national past-time. But other than her, if another Dem were to take a significant stand on the issue and the Republican took a stand against I'd hold my nose and vote poker.

I guess it's having been in D.C. too long, I'm begining to think in at least the recent past there isn't a c-hair's difference between them.

D$D