Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Poker in Florida

[ QUOTE ]
The facts are one cannot judge how he or she is playing at a venue until they have played at the VERY LEAST 1,000 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and no. The stat hounds will go on and on about standard deviations and sample sizes etc., and it's all quite valid, but not terribly helpful in a B&M situation where it could take *years* for an amateur to get in 1K hours. Would anyone hold off on evaluating their play until they hit that landmark?

You can still keep track of how you're doing by looking at your session and making notes, mental and otherwise, about the quality of your play. Like a lot of folks I keep track of my +/- every session which just helps me get a sense of how my "bankroll" is doing. On top of that, I try to think where I played hands particularly well or poorly, or where I made good/bad reads on other players and keep track of that. That way I can keep track of the quality of my play on my way to statistical certainty.