Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: $555 QQ - take it to value town?

This is a tough hand but I think I'd make a really small bet here (around 300. I think we usually have the best hand but I don't think Villain's hand is strong enough to call a big bet here. By betting around 300 he'll be getting almost 5:1 on the river and will probably have a tough time folding.

It just doesn't make sense that he would have a hand that beats us here. AA or KK wouldn't play this way. You certainly would have seen a raise out of those hands by now. I think a set definitely would have raised the flop or turn because of the draw heavy board. I'm not even going to consider any straight or 2 pair as the chance is just so little against this nit with this board and I think he would have raised by now even if he did have one of those hands. He's probably not calling both the flop and turn with a flush draw. If he did and hit his flush, he would probably lead the river. If he hits the flush he's got to figure that's a scare card for you and has to fear that you'll check behind.

I'd say he most likely has TT or 99.