Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: This Never Happened to Me Before - Ruling

[ QUOTE ]
Additionally that rule only says "may", which means probably that it's still at floor's discretion whether player loses the right to act. I still say that SB has not done enough wrong to warrant losing the right to act, and that dealer's mistake should not cost SB the right to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is that you're still wrong. At least when I showed you the rule you started to get it, but then you nitpicked about it HAVING to be 3 players, and it doesn't. Robert's Rules aren't hard and fast, and "significant action" basically means action that most players should be able to stop should they see it happening. SB allowed the dealer to ship the pot, and but for his cards being invisible to the 2 people seated DIRECTLY NEXT TO HIM, this could not have happened.

Dealer may have made a mistake, but it was SB's mistake that started this mess.

Seriously, you seem nice enough. If you live close enough to an actual live cardroom, go visit and chat up the floor if you get a minute. If you ask pretty much any floorperson about this situation, they'd tell you everything we've already said.