Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Hired thieving workmen - help me teach them a lesson

I'm currently getting my house painted, and I've got these two workmen in who I hired on recommendation from a friend. They haven't got access to anything worth stealing, so after I've let them in each morning I go off to work.

Anyway, I always have various flavoured vodkas in one of my cupboards, and when I get home on Friday night I figure there's about half a bottle of Absolut Mandarin missing, but just think I must've drunk a load the night before and forgotten about it. I get home tonight, and there's a bottle of Absolut Berry in the wrong cabinet and a bunch of white paint fingerprints all over it. Hmm...

I don't want to come across as a nit, and if they asked for a drink I'd happily give them some, but it kinda annoys me that they're searching round my cupboards and just taking stuff. Plus, the fact that they're so brazen/stupid as to leave the bottle in the wrong place with fingerprints on it makes me want to teach them a lesson.

They've left a bottle of Turps out with their work stuff today, and it's really tempting to fill a load of old vodka bottles with it and laugh at the consequences. But that said, I don't really want to kill them, and I'm guessing Turps isn't too good for the digestion system. So, any other plans to get them back please? Tomorrow ought to be their last day on the job, so I need suggestions ASAP!