Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2007, 07:50 PM

Default turn play with bottom set on a horrible board

UTG is some unknown and so far looks to be pretty bad. Button is 'mike_the_cat'. My initial impression of him was that he liked to reraise light and win pots through sheer aggression. However, we have now played about 1200 hands and he is solid. 18/15/ and seems to read hands pretty well.

His preflop raise is any pair, AK or some suited connectors. His call on the flop narrows his range somewhat. I think he raises a higher set because of the drawy nature of the board. So we're left with AA, KK, JT or some sort of diamond draw. On the turn I'm really not at all worried about UTG but the minraise with me still to act after i led out on the flop has me concerned. Is this the time for me to fold or JAM?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($222.20)
UTG ($75.80)
MP ($136.55)
CO ($224.25)
Button ($96.50)
SB ($113.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $4, UTG calls $4.

Flop: ($15.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, UTG calls $9, Button calls $9.

Turn: ($42.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $40</font>, Hero ???