Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Pokerstars High Stakes Poker Heads Up Question

Not sure if this is in the right forum.

Very few people have the money to just put in 10K to play this tourney because the field is really good. But say someone an average player who plays low stakes say 100NL and below but got staked by someone to play in this tournament. Let's just say the backer was rich and told this player to play. He has lot of money to blow lets just say he was a billionaire. If this average player plays this touranment say 26 times which is every sunday for half a year, can he win this tournament 1 time assuming the field is 8 everytime and maybe sometimes 16 but more times 8?

Is there a chance he won't even win 1 match because the field is just too good? I mean there is going to be luck involved and bad beats which can help the worser player but do you guys think a guy like this has a shot to at least just get passed the first round if he plays this tourney for 26 straight weeks? I know that if these heads up matches are liek the sit and go ones that stevebets plays for 5K, then I think the answer would be a clear yes. Does anyone disagree here? But if it was the 30 minute level and 10K in chips, I still think this player can win once right?