Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: i have a draw, 25/50 nl live--opinions on all streets welcome

Looks like a fold given we need 38% equity to call this.

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

18 games 0.005 secs 3,600 games/sec

Board: 8h 7h 6d Qc 2h
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 27.778% 27.78% 00.00% 5 0.00 { QhTh }
Hand 1: 72.222% 72.22% 00.00% 13 0.00 { AhKh, AhJh, Ah9h, Ah6h, Ah5h, Ah4h, Ah3h, KhJh, Kh9h, Kh6h, Kh5h, Kh4h, Kh3h, Jh9h, 9h6h, 6h5h, 6h4h, 5h4h }

I don't know how loose he is, but this seems like all the reasonable flushes he can have here. I suppose you could throw in some tiny flushes but it makes no sense for him to overbet shove 300bbs with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] By the same logic all those baby flushes I put in his range should be removed but they are at least far more likely holdings for villain to raise preflop and I'm sure some people wouldn't agree to remove them.

Villain is good according to Gaucho. The fact is given the board and our hand there are NOT many lower flushes for villain to have that make any sense. The 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are all in play, but the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are not. When he has something like a 6 high flush why the hell would he shove instead of making a normal value bet anyways? I think we can all agree at the very least that he is going to overbet shove an ace or king high flush given the action way more often than a baby flush, if he is good.