Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Locals here vs Locals elsewhere?

Ok, all this "I don't want to play cuz there's nothing but locals" talk is getting ridiculous so I wanted to ask this:

What do you guys think makes a local so bad to play against? Remember, you're all local wherever you come from, whether it Miss, Nevada, Cali, CT, NJ, ect.. So how come whenever you go somewhere else that isnt' local to you, you start asking or complaining about the locals? I mean, seriously, poker players aren't some mystical creature that differs by location. Yes, some have more money to burn, but that doesn't change much from one area to another.

I constantly see on this board, and another one that I can't mention, that users are so afraid/worried of the locals in Vegas. Who cares? Seriously. Not one word is mentioned about the locals in Cali, or Tunica, or Florida, or AC even, just the Vegas ones. Why does everyone think there is such a difference in 2/4 limit from one town to another or 1/2 NL from one to another (or whatever game you play)?

Another thing...the question about "why are the games better in Cali?" SIMPLE answers: Las Vegas has more minimum wage/tip earning jobs per capita than anywhere in the USA AND there are 1.8 million people living here among 3 cities. So Cal alone has over 15 million and many more with higher paying jobs/cost of living than Vegas. We get at MOST 300k tourists (on new years) and barely 1-3% of them are playing poker at any given time. Trust me, its not as big of a dent in the population (tourists incoming to Vegas) as lots of you would lead youselves to believe.