Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Sit \'n Go Strategy study group -- Part 2: Mid Blind Play

[ QUOTE ]
The S-C rankings and numbers were determined using a cash game model: that your single opponent knows your hand and will only call if it is profitable to do so. This makes for a nice limiting case in cash games but not so much in SNGs. There are a few elements of SNGs that make them less applicable. The most important of these is that it is possible for your opponent to make a bad call that hurts both you and him. What you are looking for in a SNG is the Nash Equilibrium if you want to not care about your opponents' ranges. The NE is a much more complicated problem to solve.

There are a lot of good uses for the S-C rankings in SNGs, which will show up a lot more in Part 3: High Blind Play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. Like I said, it's useful inside the bubble and reasonably far away from it where more cash game like situations exist. Bubble play is a different beast and I don't use SC as much on the bubble. Bubble play is also one of the most profitable areas.

I do, however, see horrendous errors heads up where there's a lot of profit to be made (6 person SNGs) where just plain SC play is worth buckets of money.

I also see a lot of errors with limp/folding mediocre, but SC shovable, hands at the mid-blind levels when we're still 1 or 2 people from being at the bubble.