Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2007, 02:45 PM

Default On Reraising Preflop...

I'm trying to add more preflop reraises to my 6 max game both in and out of position, and the trouble I'm finding is I have trouble adding enough hands to my range to balance out the natural quality AAxx based ones. I'll reraise most good 4 wraps (6789 with a suit, QJTK, etc.), a suited ace and a run (A678), high quality kings, double pair hands with a suit, etc. but I feel like this just isn't enough. It leads to the syndrome of every time I do reraise with AAxx, despite the fact that I will reraise others, I feel like my hand is face up. Same is true when the first quality 3 betting hand I see is an AAxx based hand, shortly after I've arrived at the table. I feel like my inner nit is winning out those times I just flat call with quality aces out of position (usually in the blinds), simply because I don't want the table to "know" I have aces if it's the first hand they've seen me 3 bet. And I hate that.

What's the best way to combat this? Add some dicier hands to the range, like a high suited 3 run (QJT) + a dangler? Pick more spots to 3 bet weak players with just air?

Any advice appreciated.