Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone think the monthly "Is this standard?" thread deserves a comeback? Was a great place to put those hands you're not sure about but don't think deserve their own thread.

I suppose one problem is that we could all post 20 hands a day in there, but still it's probably better than the Brew getting clogged up.

I'd also tentatively suggest a uNL (Poker) BBV thread. The noise in the brew with streams of similar beat and brag hands means you sometimes miss (i.e. don't read) some genuinely funny/weird hands that occasionally get posted.

So I'd say ban all HH's from brew (they go in BBV or Standard threads instead), except where the poster genuinely believes there's something very noteworthy about it. (For example, MeLeader and Ama'a HH discussion above would be fine, because it's about poker and not moaning or gloating.)

Brew then becomes for daily discussion of the grind, BR, ass blisters, PT stuff, random poker-related questions/discussion, other random crap, whatever etc. and the occasionaly worthy HH.

And if anyone thinks that's too many "Official" threads, SSNL already has 2 (Cheese Poker and Cheese Life), uNL only 1 (Brew).

(Alternatively, just ban standard beat and brag posts from brew).

[/ QUOTE ]

POTY