Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Top two pair spot

I used to think I had a good handle on O8, but lately have been struggling. Sometimes I think I am betting the best hand only to find out I was ahead the whole way, and sometimes I refrain from betting and end up winning a tiny pot or letting someone hit a weak draw for free.

Anyway, here is the beginning of the hand, from a Full Tilt 2/4 table. (Btw, if anyone knows an easy way to access FT hand histories for putting into a converter, let me know).

I have As Qs Td 5h in the big blind. I believe 5 see the flop, including the SB, no raise.

Flop: Qd Tc 7h

So, someone could have a set, but I figure I probably have the best hand and better to try to find out. SB checks, I bet. 2 callers behind, SB folds. Does anyone think I should have checked?

Turn: 6d

I don't particularly like this card; not too worried someone has a 98, but it sets up a diamond draw and a low draw (and I doubt my low draw is best). There are going to be few river cards I will be happy to see other than another T or Q. However, if I had the best hand on the flop, I most likely still have the best hand. What should my line be here?