Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2007, 10:56 AM

Default 25NL bottom set on rainbow flop against station - deep

Villian is 72/13/1.6 total station, but he has been hitting gutshots and even backdoor straights all day and taking a lot of chips off the better players at the table. I am 13/8/5 on the table that day if that matters.

This is the first hand I'm posting, and I'm wondering how my play is on all streets. I'm terrified of the river so I just check behind in position because I wouldn't know what to do facing a shove. However afterwards I realized that I haven't seen this guy make any huge bluffs, so I thought maybe that was a big mistake. Maybe I should have bet $7 / folded to a shove?

On the flop I bet light because he was folding to some of my c-bets after I took a couple big pots off him. I was actually hoping he was on some weird straight draw and I was trying not to price him out on the turn (by that I mean I thought he would still take bad odds, just not atrocious odds), and then I was going to try to get him to bluff raise a weak bet on the river, but when the straight card hit I didn't know what to do. And again I didn't remember that he hadn't shown any real bluffs at this point.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($40.10)
UTG ($26.30)
MP ($13.75)
Hero ($74.75)
Button ($25)
SB ($39.55)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.5</font>, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.25.

Flop: ($2) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1, MP folds.

Turn: ($4) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls $3.

River: ($10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $10