Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2007, 07:18 AM

Default 6 month fitness anniversary

6 months ago (or pretty close to it) was the last time i used a machine at the gym. the last time i did some bodybuilding split routine from some worthless fitness magazine, especially considering that the last thing i ever wanted to be was any type of bodybuilder.

6 months ago i said goodbye forever to the pec dec, tricep pushdown, hammer strengh curl, and leg extension. no more back and bi days for me.

i swithced to things like full body lifting, body weight exercises, running (sprints and a bit of distance), rowing, and trying olympic lifts, and maybe most importantly squating and deadlifting in all their respective forms.

best move of my fitness life. i am stronger, faster, and leaner (but not nearly any of these things as Shemp i think [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) and spend less time working out, but work out much much smarter.

so thank you for celebrating this "anniversary" with me. this forum has been a major help in keeping me focused and training smart. there is a lot of knowlegde and people to be inspired from on here.

so H and F'ers have you made any good changes in 2007 in the fitness dept. that you would like to share? any thing different that you know is for the best? please share whatever it is in this thread and help keep us all inspired.

thanks. J.