Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Limpers

[ QUOTE ]
do you think the deception value vs other good players is worth more than when someone 3 bets behind you

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, I think its pretty standard for me to be way behind when 3-bet :-) I'm not raising 87s as standard but I'm doing it pretty liberally in the CO button. we have position so if we do get 3bet its from the blinds. Been my experience that if you limp in 50% of the dealt hands, you're most likely seeing the flop if its getting raised behind you. We're most likely way behind when we do get 3bet but its a big pot and we've got position.

Juicy table like this, I want to be the one controlling the action most of the time. I think the few hands we do lose a couple SB are overcome by the control we can get by outplaying the passives. If a smart player somewhere on the left figures out we're playing to agressive and starts popping often time to re-evaluate.

[ QUOTE ]
one of the fish LRR'es with KK+?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really worried about that. Most of the passive limpers are going to see the flop anyway. Now the LRR has an easily definable hand, and has to play me OOP in a big pot. I've got a great hand to snap off the overpair and odds to call to just about anything.